Make a Gift in 3 Easy Steps
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their wills or estates. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Commercial annuities
It only takes three simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name PBS SoCal as a beneficiary:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
An Example of How It Works
Robert and Carol recently updated their will to leave stocks and real estate to their kids. They would like to leave PBS SoCal a $75,000 IRA to be transferred following their lifetime. Because PBS SoCal is tax-exempt, all $75,000 will help support our mission. If Robert and Carol had left the IRA to their children, approximately $18,000* would have gone to pay federal income taxes—leaving only $57,000 for their family's use. Robert and Carol are happy knowing they are making the most of their hard-earned money thanks to their updated estate plan.
*Based on an assumption of a 24 percent marginal income tax bracket.
See How It Works
Additional Planned Giving Resources
Download our FREE guide Beneficiary Designations: The 3 Easiest Ways to Leave Your Legacy.View My Guide
Not Sure How to Begin Planning?Download My FREE Personal Estate Planning Kit
- Contact Katherine Gfeller at 310-237-4501 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support PBS SoCal with our mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name PBS SoCal in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
- After adding PBS SoCal as a beneficiary of your account, please contact us so that we can thank you and learn more about your intentions for your gift.
Legal Name: Public Media Group of Southern California
Address: 3080 Bristol St., Suite 100, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Federal Tax ID Number: 95-2211661